Beginning in 2015, NCRA will move away from the traditional brick-and-mortar testing sites and shift the RPR, RMR, CRR, CBC, and CCP skills tests to an online proctoring model using the advanced technologies of myRealtimeCoach and ProctorU.
Why the change?
NCRA heard the call of the membership. Among the requests were: 1) more testing opportunities each year, 2) instantaneous results, 3) the chance to pay for each test leg individually, and 4) more convenient testing. The shift to online testing allows for the fulfillment of these requests and more.
Benefits of this new format include:
- Increased convenience – test when you’re ready
- Test from the comfort of your home or office
- No distractions
- Flexible scheduling – you will be able to take a test when you are ready, not just in May, August, and November as the current model dictates
- Cost savings – no more travel, gas, hotel expenses to the closest testing site
- Registration fees will now be priced per test leg, which will result in cost savings for most candidates
- Get your license sooner for those CSR boards that use the RPR
- Get your increase sooner for those employers who offer an increase/bonus with new credentials
- Decreased anxiety – take the test in your own environment